Dr. Tamar Ferreira, B.Sc.,N.D.
Dr. Tamar Ferreira is a board-certified Brampton Naturopathic Doctor. She is passionate about helping her patients feel better and regain their health by identifying and addressing the cause of their symptoms. While maintaining a general family practice, she has a special interest in digestive issues, skin conditions, and helping women with hormone-related conditions. She also has additional training in healthy and sustainable weight loss, desiccated thyroid prescribing, and bio-identical hormones.
As a naturopathic doctor, Dr. Tamar takes to heart the principle of ‘doctor as teacher’ and empowers her patients with tools for healthy living. She helps her patients understand and implement the dietary and lifestyle changes which are often necessary to help prevent or reverse chronic disease. She practiced in Ottawa for over 7 years before relocating to Brampton after getting married. Passionate about what she does and eager to share it, she frequently gives educational seminars to the general public. Her undergraduate degree in Biochemistry has given her a unique understanding of the intricacies of the human body, with an emphasis on evidence-based medicine.
Whether you are ready to tiptoe or run on your journey towards health, Dr. Tamar will work in a supportive partnership with you and will enjoy seeing you thrive.
For more information on Dr. Tamar and to visit her blog, go to www.tamarferreirand.com.
Areas of Special Interest/Therapies
• Adrenal Health
• Digestive Issues (IBS, SIBO, Food Sensitivities)
• Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
• Skin Conditions (Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis)
• Weight Management
• Women’s Hormone Imbalance (PMS, Painful Periods, Irregular Cycles, PCOS, Fertility, Perimenopause and Menopause)
• B12 Shots
• Bio-Identical Hormones
• Desiccated Thyroid Prescription
• Bachelor of Science with Honours in Biochemistry (University of Ottawa)
• 4 years of training in Naturopathic Medical School (Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine)
• FirstLine Therapy Certification (Metagenics) for optimal body composition
• Ontario Therapeutic Prescribing Standards Met (October 2015)
• Advanced Integrative Endocrinology: Bio-Identical Hormones (Evidence Based Nutrition, February 2016)
Dr. Tamar will take the time to understand your medical history in order to create a safe and individualized treatment plan. She believes that optimum wellness can be achieved by identifying and addressing the root cause of illness. This involves an individualized, multi-faceted approach, which can include removing obstacles to cure, addressing the body’s nutrient needs, supporting the body’s innate healing capabilities, promoting mental-emotional well-being, and making lifestyle changes for long-term health.
Dr. Tamar believes in a collaborative approach, and works with medical doctors, chiropractors, and other healthcare professionals when needed to give her patients an integrated, holistic treatment plan.
The Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
The Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND)